Memories

New Year's Eve, 2021, Eureka Springs
photo credit: Richard Quick

Has anyone else been remembering things they haven’t thought about in years — if ever? Today I played the word “ditch” in Words With Friends and suddenly an offensive lyric from Barnacle Bill The Sailor song popped into my mind. I remembered the feeling of hearing it when I was little: the repugnance, the curiosity, the amusement. And many other events have come to mind which I thought had been put to rest. Is it the shift which is happening is causing these horrendous thoughts to feel so present within me? I don’t know, but every spiritual seer I follow tells us we are going to notice things occurring in new and wondrous or horrid ways, according to how we perceive them. This is, of course, an individual journey, but in my experience I find I must practice non-reactive behavior (and it’s more difficult than ever; I often fail). Focusing on love over fear and disgust is imperative from my standpoint, giving me the compassionate empathy needed to accept without condemnation. I shall continue to look for beauty in every instant, keeping my head out of the sand without it floating away into la-la land, while being ever aware of situations which can use my help — physically, emotionally, spiritually. It’s never been easy, but it seems dang near impossible right now!

"The material world is even now becoming the arena for conflicting forces. On one side there will be discord and dismay; on the other side there will be Science and peace. The breaking up of material beliefs may seem to be famine and pestilence, want and woe, sin, sickness, and death, which assume new phases until their nothingness appears. These disturbances will continue until the end of error, when all discord will be swallowed up in spiritual Truth." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 96:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...