Book Club in the Time of Covid

 ​


Last fall, I was Zooming with my book club and Kevin was fascinated by the exchanges he overheard. He had always admired the books we read and how energized I was after attending one of our meetings, so when he heard us talking via computer, the journalist in him came to life and he wanted me to write an essay about our group, its history, and how the pandemic had affected us. I had forgotten our conversation and was happily surprised today to find these notes he made for me. He slipped the piece of paper into a stack of 2020 tax stuff I had in my desk. Since his passing two months ago, he is in my dreams almost every night, but seeing this note today brought him into the room as surely as if he had walked through the door! What a welcome surprise this was...


"Life is the law of Soul, even the law of the spirit of Truth, and Soul is never without its representative. Man's individual being can no more die nor disappear in unconsciousness than can Soul, for both are immortal." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 427:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...