Surrendering Defenses

 


Many words and actions may seem to bring on feelings of being attacked. The realization that all attack comes from within is an eye-opener! I may feel I’m defending myself when I attack others, but I’m not. It's not a defense against anything, only my acceptance of  perceived attack and the resultant retaliation. When I realize I cannot be attacked from anywhere except  within my own self, I can surrender the defenses I have built for protection against outside circumstances. Through a conscious choice to reject the unreality of material existence and claim our heritage as powerful spiritual beings, unafraid to stand up and declare our Oneness with divine Love and all of Its creation, we are able to transcend the fears we think are inevitable. I love the new world which is being revealed through this understanding!


"Every law of matter or the body, supposed to govern man, is rendered null and void by the law of Life, God. Ignorant of our God-given rights, we submit to unjust decrees, and the bias of education enforces this slavery." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 380:32-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...