Uplifting Dialogues

"School Rules" painting by William Holbrook Beard

Do you ever feel a kinship with others which is so perfect that you know you are one Self, united in Creation? Perfect unity precludes conflict, and we feel this perfection with people whom we love no matter whether they agree with our every idea or not. It seems difficult, if not impossible, to feel this wholeness with everyone, especially those who are diametrically opposed toward our beliefs.  Today I will practice enjoying the middle road of conversations. If someone wants to talk about things I think are wrong, or foolish, or simply counter to my thoughts, I will listen with the purpose of understanding, not responding. I will find ways to encourage deep thinking without jumping up on my high horse and insisting that my way is the only way. It really doesn’t matter what the topic of conversation is, there is a middle ground to be found and an uplifting dialogue to be had. I want that. I want that a lot.


“Atonement is the exemplification of man's unity with God, whereby man reflects divine Truth, Life, and Love. Jesus of Nazareth taught and demonstrated man's oneness with the Father, and for this we owe him endless homage.” Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 18:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...