Awareness of Love’s Presence

Photo credit: Aaron Springston

Spending the better part of two weeks with my son, his fantastic wife, and their baby, has been a time of renewal for me. The past few years have been difficult for us all. We’ve experienced friends’ deaths, illnesses, and other emotionally draining events. It seems there’s no time to recover from one sadness before another is upon us. Even so, until I held my sweet grandson in my arms, I had not realized how bereft I was feeling. The rejuvenation of spirit this new child brought to my existence was surprising in its intensity. And the gratitude I feel for the rushes of love experienced from holding him have been an awakening from a slumber not realized. I suppose it’s easy to slip into a certain ennui and not know it. Perhaps this is something many others are not aware of feeling, because nothing has awakened them, such as a sweet new baby looking in their eyes. Let us not forget to be kind to each other. There’s no way to know how it could change a life. Namaste…


"When angels visit us, we do not hear the rustle of wings, nor feel the feathery touch of the breast of a dove; but we know their presence by the love they create in our hearts." 

~ Mary Baker Eddy


“The course does not aim at teaching the meaning of love, for that is beyond what can be taught. It does aim, however, at removing the blocks to the awareness of love’s presence, which is your natural inheritance.” A Course in Miracles T-in.1:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...