Living Peace

St. Elizabeth’s Catholic Church
Eureka Springs, AR 
Photo credit: Richard Quick

I play the organ for three congregations in our community. When I first began playing for the Catholics seven years ago, I had never been to any service other than Christian Science gatherings. I had no idea people thought Jesus was God. There were many creeds and rituals which I found fascinating, and I learned to translate them into expressions of love and peace. All the congregations I have played for have at their core the desire to help others, and to bring an end to suffering. Today, Father Joseph’s message was to love everyone, whether you agree with them or not. He stressed that God was Love and loved everyone no matter what their race, religion, political party, gender, or other tribal separation. He said it in such a heartfelt understanding of its truth that I’m still riding high on his words. I was feeling the love as I stopped at the grocery store on the way home from afternoon mass. A man and his wife were there with their four children and they caught my attention when the man shouted to his son to get his f***ing hands off things unless he had money to buy it. As we passed in the aisle, I pointedly made eye contact with the man, and hopefully I was smiling. His eyes were devoid of any emotion. How I wish he had heard and taken to heart the beautiful message I had just experienced at mass. I pray that we may be kind whenever possible, and know that it is always possible. Namaste …

“The world I see is hardly the representation of loving thoughts. It is a picture of attack on everything by everything. It is anything but a reflection of the Love of God and the Love of His Son. It is my own attack thoughts that give rise to this picture. My loving thoughts will save me from this perception of the world, and give me the peace God intended me to have.” A Course in Miracles -W-55.2:2-6


“Spiritual living and blessedness are the only evidences, by which we can recognize true existence and feel the unspeakable peace which comes from an all-absorbing spiritual love.” Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 264:24-27


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...