Have a Nurturing Day!



I didn’t teach my children to celebrate Mother’s Day. I suppose the world did, as I received a memorable note from Aaron one year. He listed 20 reasons why I was the best mother in the world. It was humorous and I loved it! My younger son, Dylan, regularly picks flowers from my garden (and his dad’s) for me. He knows I love flowers in the house and he thinks of me often. I’m not sure either one of my children know my birthdate, and that’s fine, too. I much prefer the Aboriginal idea of telling people when you’ve become a better person, then calling everyone together to celebrate! Why party because time has passed? With this said, have a happy Mother’s Day everyone. Please remember it’s not necessary to have borne a child in order to celebrate a nurturing spirit. Tend your flowers, love an animal, help your neighbor, cook a meal with loving attention, give of your time and energy to things which matter to you — the list is endless in ways your mothering nature can be shown! Namaste…

“Physical birth is not a beginning; it is a continuing. Everything that continues has already been born. It will increase as you are willing to return the unhealed part of your mind to the higher part, returning it undivided to creation.” A Course in Miracles T-5.IV.2:4-6


“Both sexes should be loving, pure, tender, and strong. The attraction between native qualities will be perpetual only as it is pure and true, bringing sweet seasons of renewal like the returning spring.” Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 57: 8-14

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...