Higher Ideals of Life and Joy


I received a phone call from a relative I’d lost touch with following the passing of my dad three decades ago. There were some very weird events and ugly words precipitating our split, and I can honestly say years have gone by without her crossing my mind. I was happy to hear from her, and when she mentioned some of the dissension between us, I was able to answer honestly that she had been very helpful in many ways and I was glad she had been there. After our call ended, I asked myself if I had meant what I said — and, yes, I did. Of course, upon examination, I could have said many other things which were not so complimentary, but I had felt no compulsion to do so and didn’t feel as though they were defining elements in our interactions. I’m grateful she reminded me of our disagreement and I’m joyous there are no painful memories of that time.

I am affected only by my thoughts” A Course in Miracles Workbook Lesson 338


“My angels are exalted thoughts, appearing at the door of some sepulchre, in which human belief has buried its fondest earthly hopes. With white fingers they point upward to a new and glorified trust, to higher ideals of life and its joys.” Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 299:1-11

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...