Correction at the Level of Thought


Art from Catrin Welz-Stein

It seems there are any number of errors to correct in this world. It’s quite a relief to discover that I only need to correct them in my mind, not in the fearful and angry minds I witness around me. If I look at things with horror, or disgust, or anger, or fear, I have become a part of them, sharing the ugliness. If I look on people perpetrating these acts as Love’s reflection, there is forgiveness. When I voice these forgiving ideas in public, I run the risk of someone telling me I don’t know what I’m talking about  — and, perhaps, they wouldn’t be using words quite so kind! There is a young woman who makes videos about A Course in Miracles teachings. She is often verbally attacked in the comments section of YouTube. If the speaker and her supporters are willing to give these derogatory words energy in retaliation and defense, they are accepting attacks within themselves. But if we send forth forgiveness, realizing we are all One in Truth, then we give the gift of Love — and receive it ourselves. Therein lies correction!

“Because Truth is infinite, error should be known as nothing. Because Truth is omnipotent in goodness, error, Truth's opposite, has no might.” 

Mary Baker Eddy- Science and Health Page 367:3-1


“It is essential to remember that only the mind can create, and that correction belongs at the thought level. To amplify an earlier statement, spirit is already perfect and therefore does not require correction. The body does not exist except as a learning device for the mind. This learning device is not subject to errors of its own, because it cannot create. It is obvious, then, that inducing the mind to give up its miscreations is the only application of creative ability that is truly meaningful.” 

A Course in Miracles T-2.V.1:7-11

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...