Redeeming the Past

Photo credit: Nick Franchi

Today’s Course in Miracles workbook lesson tells us: “Forgiveness is the key to happiness.” When we have a lesson which mentions forgiveness in its topic, I always pause and search my memories for remnants of treasured pain and long-held grievances. While I don’t find many of these feelings toward others, there are a few recurring things I hold against myself. These unforgiven episodes range from childhood mistakes to unthinking acts in later life, and some bring tears because I find them to be so heinous. I stop to wonder how these actions were interpreted by those toward whom I feel such guilt. Perhaps they didn't know, and if they did, they may not remember it in the same light as I do. In this reliving of the past, I recall a quote from someone, somewhere, which brings me solace: "What you do in the present redeems the past and changes the future." And these hopeful words bring peace. 

“Here is the answer to your search for peace. Here is the key to meaning in a world that seems to make no sense. Here is the way to safety in apparent dangers that appear to threaten you at every turn, and bring uncertainty to all your hopes of ever finding quietness and peace. Here are all questions answered; here the end of all uncertainty ensured at last.”

A Course in Miracles W-121.1:1-4


“The depth, breadth, height, might, majesty, and glory of infinite Love fill all space. That is enough!”

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 520:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

How Powerful is Love?

Photo by Mark McGee Love heals. We hear this so often, it's probably become somewhat of a cliché. We may think that nothing can heal the...