The True Reflection

Photo credit: Aaron Springston

During a conversation with friends, someone asked me how I could have come through a particularly traumatic time without some form of therapy. I hadn't really thought about this, but — upon reflection — realized it was because I had accepted reality over the illusion. The reality is that I am as God created me. The illusion is all the stories I encountered which could have affected how I felt about myself and others. Let's say you have just found out about something which happened in the past. This information changes many material truths you believed, including your name, age, and heritage. What reaction would you have? Perhaps your initial response would be anger, which people say is a normal reaction to betrayal. With the realization that you are as God created you, this situation is seen to have absolutely nothing to do with your true Self. This knowledge allows hurtful illusions to dissipate, as mist hit by sunlight. Hurt feelings and  fears disappear into their native nothingness, being replaced with the truth: "I Am as God created me." Anything other than our true creation is changeable. Today I choose unchanging, eternal Truth!

“Today’s idea is therefore all you need to let complete correction heal your mind, and give you perfect vision that will heal all the mistakes that any mind has made at any time or place. It is enough to heal the past and make the future free. It is enough to let the present be accepted as it is. It is enough to let time be the means for all the world to learn escape from time, and every change that time appears to bring in passing by.” 

A Course in Miracles W-110.2:1-4


“In divine Science, man is the true image of God. The divine nature was best expressed in Christ Jesus, who threw upon mortals the truer reflection of God and lifted their lives higher than their poor thought-models would allow.”

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 259:6-9


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

What Am I Giving?

"All that I give is given to myself." [ACIM workbook lesson #126] Today’s topic brings an examination of what it is I’m giving. I ...