In Harmony With Divine Love

Photo courtesy of Aaron Springston

Were you taught that salvation involved some sort of penance for your sins? Most people were, in some form or fashion. Perhaps this is why so many turn away from religion. I'm not sure how theology has decided that we're sinners, because when I read the teachings of Jesus, I find no evidence of this stance. For this reason (and many others), I'm most grateful for the teachings of Mary Baker Eddy and, also, A Course in Miracles. Both of these disciplines attempt to show us that we are the expression of God. As God's experience, we are the embodiment of happiness and joy! Anything opposite of this harmony is a misunderstanding. As we clear away these misapprehensions, we allow what we've always known, deep inside, to begin lighting our path. The more surely we walk in this direction, the brighter the illumination becomes!

“Today we will continue with the theme of happiness. This is a key idea in understanding what salvation means. You still believe it asks for suffering as penance for your ‘sins.’ This is not so. Yet you must think it so while you believe that sin is real, and that God’s Son can sin.”

A Course in Miracles W-101.1:1-5


“For true happiness, man must harmonize with his Principle, divine Love…” 

Science & Health Page 337:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

What Am I Giving?

"All that I give is given to myself." [ACIM workbook lesson #126] Today’s topic brings an examination of what it is I’m giving. I ...