As You Are Created …


To deal with physical ailments, there are many healing modalities we experience and/or hear of every day.  Some seem to be no more than masking symptoms, some work to find the cause of our distress and eliminate or change it, and others we classify under the heading of miracles because we don't understand their basis. Through the study of the Science of the Christ, I have learned that illness and the healing thereof is facilitated by a change in thought. It is bringing your thinking into alignment with the truth of our being. This truth is that I am as God created me. With the realization that anything other than this is illusion, we are able to see through the veil into the actuality of our true being. To deny physical symptoms of disease is not to ignore them; it is to see them for what they are: a universal belief in separation from God. By understanding this, we can also release any guilt we may have in regard to the situation. By focusing on what is rather than what isn't, we are learning to understand God — to Mind, Spirit, Soul, Principle, Life, Truth, and Love. If a situation comes up in which I'm tempted to express irritation, I will think: I Am as Love created me. If I don't understand something, I will think: I Am as Mind  created me. What a beautiful day this will be!

"Question: What is the scientific statement of being?

Answer: There is no life, truth, intelligence, nor substance in matter. All is infinite Mind and its infinite manifestation, for God is All-in-all. Spirit is immortal Truth; matter is mortal error. Spirit is the real and eternal; matter is the unreal and temporal. Spirit is God, and man is His image and likeness. Therefore man is not material; he is spiritual."

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 468:8-16


“True light is strength, and strength is sinlessness. If you remain as God created you, you must be strong and light must be in you. He Who ensured your sinlessness must be the guarantee of strength and light as well. You are as God created you. Darkness cannot obscure the glory of God’s Son. You stand in light, strong in the sinlessness in which you were created, and in which you will remain throughout eternity.”

A Course in Miracles W-94.2:1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

What Am I Giving?

"All that I give is given to myself." [ACIM workbook lesson #126] Today’s topic brings an examination of what it is I’m giving. I ...