Be Still and Listen


Photo courtesy of Richard Quick

News sources were bombarding us with predictions of high winds and tornadoes. I know this because everyone I saw told me about it!  While in our beautiful Carnegie Public Library, the attendant was very nervous, flitting about, even talking to herself. When I was checking out my chosen items, I asked her what was wrong. She told me she was upset about the weather and stated she wished it would just get bad and go past and be done. I assured her we had never had a tornado in Eureka Springs, and she was quite safe in these mountains. In thinking about this, I marvel at how readily we receive into our consciousness warnings of destruction and other erroneous beliefs. On the other hand, we balk at the admission, or even the possibility, that spiritual goodness trumps error every time. When our minds are busy with worries and repetitive thoughts, when we're voicing our concerns (either orally or mentally) it's very difficult to hear the still, small voice of Truth. Viewing life in its harmonious reality is known in divine Science as "knowing the Truth". It's hard to do this if I'm thinking about horrible "what-ifs" which may occur. As usual, I have a choice. And if I'm not happy with that choice, guess what? I get to choose again!! For this, I am most grateful.

“Lips must be mute and materialism silent, that man may have audience with Spirit, the divine Principle, Love, which destroys all error.”

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page15:11-13


“Listen, and hear your Father speak to you through His appointed Voice, which silences the thunder of the meaningless, and shows the way to peace to those who cannot see. Be still today and listen to the truth. Be not deceived by voices of the dead, which tell you they have found the source of life and offer it to you for your belief. Attend them not, but listen to the truth.”

A Course in Miracles W-106.2:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...