Listening For Salvation


It’s very easy for me to say that I am going to see the innocence in my fellow beings, that I shall not condemn actions or words which bombard me daily, and that I will recognize my essential part in this universe. But then I find myself in a situation where I’m insistent on being right about some point, and all my good intentions are laid aside in the pursuit of this goal. I’ve written numerous times in the past about the continuing saga of my neighbor and his vendetta against the turkey vultures which live in our woods. The issue has been raised once again, in a way I deem to be even more bizarre than ever before. It would be easy to dismiss his words as nonsensical ravings, but I truly want to look at the feelings behind them. My quest for listening to others with the intent of understanding (rather than responding) will not allow me to dismiss him so easily. Following the guidance of divine Mind, I will endeavor this day to listen, not just to others, but to the still, small voice inside, allowing my heart to lead my actions.

“‘Now,’ cried the apostle, ‘is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation,’ --meaning, not that now men must prepare for a future-world salvation, or safety, but that now is the time in which to experience that salvation in spirit and in life. Now is the time for so-called material pains and material pleasures to pass away, for both are unreal, because impossible in [the] Science [of the Christ]. To break this earthly spell, mortals must get the true idea and divine Principle of all that really exists and governs the universe harmoniously. This thought is apprehended slowly, and the interval before its attainment is attended with doubts and defeats as well as triumphs.”

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 39:18-30


“Forgive all thoughts which would oppose the truth of your completion, unity and peace. You cannot lose the gifts your Father gave. You do not want to be another self. You have no function that is not of God. Forgive yourself the one you think you made. Forgiveness and salvation are the same. Forgive what you have made and you are saved.”

A Course in Miracles  W-99.10:1-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

What Am I Giving?

"All that I give is given to myself." [ACIM workbook lesson #126] Today’s topic brings an examination of what it is I’m giving. I ...