Freeing The Light

Happy Bee on Coneflower

Some days it's difficult to know that “light and joy and peace abide in me” [ACIM Workbook Lesson #93] During one of those times, I watched a documentary called "Queen of the Sun". In this film about bees, we are told that pollen is materialized light. I love that, don't you? When thought of in this way, it seems possible that we, too, are materialized light. As the reflection of divine Love, that's exactly what we are! The movie also describes how the bee's light is freed through blocks of honeycomb, exquisitely shared with all as sweet, beautiful honey. And yet again, the light is freed through the illumination of beeswax candles. The freeing of light is cumulative with the bees, and we can experience the same thing as we unshackle the light and peace and joy within ourselves. Another lesson from the bees is the importance of community. Watching them working together for a common cause is uplifting and inspiring to me. It makes me want to join with my neighbors and do something important. But wait -- I'm doing that! What blesses one blesses all. My awakening to light and joy and peace is yours, too. Bees, people, trees -- as an idea of divine Mind, we're all in this together!


“Light is a symbol of Mind, of Life, Truth, and Love, and not a vitalizing property of matter. Science reveals only one Mind, and this one shining by its own light and governing the universe, including man, in perfect harmony.."

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 510:27-1


“Salvation requires the acceptance of but one thought;—you are as God created you, not what you made of yourself. Whatever evil you may think you did, you are as God created you. Whatever mistakes you made, the truth about you is unchanged. Creation is eternal and unalterable. Your sinlessness is guaranteed by God. You are and will forever be exactly as you were created. Light and joy and peace abide in you because God put them there.” 

A Course in Miracles W-93.7:1-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

What Am I Giving?

"All that I give is given to myself." [ACIM workbook lesson #126] Today’s topic brings an examination of what it is I’m giving. I ...