Choose Happiness

My grand babies and their mom and aunt

We all know someone who seems to be chronically sad, don't we? They share a commonality of repeatedly replaying painful and distressing events in their thoughts and conversation. I have some sad memories which pop into my head occasionally. When this happens, there's a choice: I can relive the events mentally and/or verbally and thereby keep them alive, or I can acknowledge that they're still in my thoughts, but know that they are not the Truth of my Being. Yes, it happened (whatever it is). It's part of my material history, but my spiritual reality has not been touched by it. The peace brought by this understanding is priceless. I can be happy! Even in the midst of things which are not particularly joyful, I can give myself permission to be happy. It is, after all, my natural state of Being!


“Harmony is produced by its Principle, is controlled by it and abides with it. Divine Principle is the Life of man. Man’s happiness is not, therefore, at the disposal of physical sense.” 

Mary Baker Eddy -Science & Health Page 304:16-19


“Be happy, for your only function here is happiness. You have no need to be less loving to God’s Son than He Whose Love created him as loving as Himself.”

A Course in Miracles W-102.5:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

What Am I Giving?

"All that I give is given to myself." [ACIM workbook lesson #126] Today’s topic brings an examination of what it is I’m giving. I ...