Earth Day Thoughts


Photo courtesy of Aaron Springston

The beauty of nature inspires me to be more aware and in tune with the rhythm of Life. Leaving habitual behaviors behind opens us to new-old thought and the experiences which come with this spiritual sight. Perhaps inspired by Earth Day activities, my thoughts go to sustainable farms, organic and pure food, happy animals, pesticide-free vegetables! How wonderful to attend farmers' markets and actually talk to the people who grow our food. In the last fifty years, the production of food has changed so drastically that most of our young people have no idea how it is produced. (And, in too many cases, we don't want to know.) Every decision I make at the supermarket casts a vote for the process involved in its production. Every dollar I spend at a Farmers' Market also casts a vote. I want food produced with love. As I release all guilt, as I see that forgiveness is there for the realization of it, new worlds become visible. The New Earth has always been here. Now we're remembering it, and discovering heaven Within. 

“Spirit am I, a holy Son of God, free of all limits, safe and healed and whole, free to forgive, and free to save the world.”

A Course in Miracles W-97.7:2


“Now is the time for so-called material pains and material pleasures to pass away, for both are unreal, because impossible in Science. To break this earthly spell, mortals must get the true idea and divine Principle of all that really exists and governs the universe harmoniously. This thought is apprehended slowly, and the interval before its attainment is attended with doubts and defeats as well as triumphs.”

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 39:21-30

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

What Am I Giving?

"All that I give is given to myself." [ACIM workbook lesson #126] Today’s topic brings an examination of what it is I’m giving. I ...