All This -- and Cake, Too!




Some days are so chock-full of wonderful things happening and awful news revealing itself that it feels as though we’re on a rollercoaster! Today was one of those days. But the universe sent me guidance before I even knew I needed it. When I went to my church organist gig at 7:30 this morning, I left a youtube video on the tv for my dog, who thinks he has separation anxiety. It was on one of my higher-thought channels so he would hear good things. When I came back, the first words I heard were from a woman talking about her life changing in recent years, in that she didn’t seem to be as consumed by sadness or overwhelmed by upsetting circumstances. She also said she felt joy as much as ever, and sadness, too, but didn’t depend on outside influences to find peace and contentment, no matter what was going on around her. Shortly after hearing these words and thinking about them while fixing brunch, phone calls began to come in. There was happy news and terribly sad news. One woman seemed almost psychotic in her worries, and a call from overseas brought great gladness to my heart. A talk with my son, a visit with my sister — well, let’s just say there were at least 8 phone calls today bringing me varying degrees of joy and sorrow. And then, a woman showed up at my door with a piece of five-layer chocolate cake! She said she had seen me on my porch when she was making deliveries for her restaurant, and she just wanted to bring me cake! There is no end to the wonder of this life!

“Spiritual development germinates not from seed sown in the soil of material hopes, but when these decay, Love propagates anew the higher joys of Spirit, which have no taint of earth. Each successive stage of experience unfolds new views of divine goodness and love.” Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health, Page 66:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...