Brouhahas


Perhaps I'm experiencing Covid fatigue. For the last few years, I’ve played duplicate bridge. Past writings have applauded the different life views I get to hear; ideas which my regular social circle might not proffer. At the first of the pandemic, our club stopped meeting because of our extremely close contact at the bridge table. We started to play again a couple of months ago, shortly thereafter deciding we needed to wear masks, and so we have. Some people strongly disagree with this decision and there has been a bit of a brouhaha over the mandate. Tensions have mounted. Despite my personal vow to remain calm and open-minded, when a woman began to espouse extreme political views yesterday I told her exactly what I thought about it. This exchange caused me to realize it’s time for me to back off from the situation, as being in close quarters with so many people doesn’t feel like the thing to do right now. There are many times in my life I have felt the need to be quiet and listen for guidance. Hopefully a correction in thought will occur, before I alienate any more sweet little old conservative ladies. Ohmmmmm... :)

“Choke these errors in their early stages, if you would not cherish an army of conspirators against health, happiness, and success.” Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 405:9-11

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...