Isn't It Interesting ...

 
photo credit: Richard Quick

Isn't it interesting… When I hear this phrase coming out of my mouth in a sanctimonious tone, I've found it to be an indicator that I'm getting ready to give a speech based on strong opinions and unnecessary emotions. Watching people in leadership roles, I've noticed something similar with them, too. Their words seem to be ego-based, their ideas headstrong, and their demeanor unhappy. Then I look at my friends who are following the law of Love, scattering contagious joy as they "follow in the way appointed". This comparison gives me renewed resolve to break away from the bonds of learned behavior and let myself follow Truth's calling. And if I err and jump up on my high horse to pontificate, thank goodness I get to choose again!


ACIM Workbook Lesson #317 I follow in the way appointed me.
​"​I have a special place to fill; a role for me alone. ²Salvation waits until I take this part as what I choose to do. ³Until I make this choice, I am the slave of time and human destiny. ⁴But when I willingly and gladly go the way my Father’s plan appointed me to go, then will I recognize salvation is already here, already given all my brothers and already mine as well.” (https://acim.org/acim/en/s/738#1:1-4 | W-317.1:1-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...