Ego Busters

unknown photographer

The teachings of A Course in Miracles reveal many ideas which could be called
 ego-bustersany one of which may ruffle our feathers! I like to think I’m quietly listening for Spirit to speak through me today and everyday, but I know that’s not always true. Often I have an uneasy feeling somewhere around the solar plexus, or maybe there’s an odd, tired feeling in my spine, both of which I’ve learned to recognize as symptoms of an errant ego making itself known. Sometimes I might be self-righteous in response to a situation, or perhaps I feel defensive when I’m not absolutely sure about my position. When these things happen, I can choose to back up, perhaps apologize to someone, and start over with a fresh perspective, because my words and/or actions were coming from a self-righteous source. And so, dear Reader, please feel free to tell me if you think I’m wrong, or point out a situation in which I may have been insensitive. I promise not to take it personally! 

"Eloquence re-echoes the strains of Truth and Love. It is due to inspiration rather than to erudition." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 88:26-27

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...