True Likeness of Love

 

photo credit: Aaron Springston

Living a heart-centered existence has been my purpose for quite some time. When we live with a focus on Love, some people may think we are foolish, but the cynical outlook of my youth is what feels foolish to me today. Turning away from discord can be difficult, but I’ve begun to see how reality is created through our thoughts. I remember once when I was in a monthly meeting of gallery owners in our town and the talk turned to theft in their shops. I turned my attention away from the discussion and was looking into a corner, thinking about something else, when suddenly I noticed everyone had stopped talking. I looked up and saw they were all looking at me! Someone asked me what I thought about this situation and I honestly told them that thievery was not a part of my existence and I didn't want to make it a reality by giving it energy. One of the women said, Good for you! And the discussion continued in a different vein. Knowing the energy-creating power of emotions, I will not hesitate to wander away from discussions centered on fearful beliefs or angry reactions. But, rather, they must be countered with the Love which is our natural state of being!


“The substance, Life, intelligence, Truth, and Love, which constitute Deity, are reflected by His creation; and when we subordinate the false testimony of the corporeal senses to the facts of Science, we shall see this true likeness and reflection everywhere.” Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 515:4-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...