Saturday, August 31, 2024

A Peaceful Mind

Ozark Sunset

Although I know that peace is a choice within my own self, I want to share it with everyone, everywhere. It has taken a lifetime to grasp this concept: The only thought I can change is my own! After years of trying to change loved ones, it was my children who finally taught me the meaning of Oneness. It was shown to me as I watched the household mood change its tone, as my moods changed from calm to frantic. Holding to peace within myself is all I can do — and it’s the most I can do! Jumping on the bandwagon of resentment, or the other negative emotions of the collective, may seem impossible to avoid. But we are discovering it is possible to simply witness these things, without becoming a part of them. While I can't change what anyone else is thinking or feeling or experiencing, I can adjust my vision of reality. Every thought is important! We’re all in this together, in every way, at every moment. And so today I will make an effort to see through the eyes of Love, excluding nothing, no matter how inflammatory things may seem!

“Your peace is with me, Father. I am safe. Your peace surrounds me, Father. Where I go, Your peace goes there with me. It sheds its light on everyone I meet. I bring it to the desolate and lonely and afraid. I give Your peace to those who suffer pain, or grieve for loss, or think they are bereft of hope and happiness. Send them to me, my Father. Let me bring Your peace with me. For I would save Your Son, as is Your Will, that I may come to recognize my Self.


“And so we go in peace. To all the world we give the message that we have received. And thus we come to hear the Voice for God, Who speaks to us as we relate His Word; Whose Love we recognize because we share the Word that He has given unto us.”

A Course in Miracles W-245.1:1–2:3


“Spiritual living and blessedness are the only evidences by which we can recognize true existence and feel the unspeakable peace which comes from an all-absorbing spiritual love.” 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 264:24-27



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Surrounded By Love

Photo credit: Aaron Springston Do you recall a time when you felt swaddled in Love? Perhaps it was immediately following the birth of a chil...