Thursday, August 1, 2024

On Firmer Ground

Photo credit: Aaron Springston

“Love is the way I walk in gratitude." A Course in Miracles Workbook Lesson #195. Today’s review causes me to remember a time when I was relearning to walk. Having spent six months in a wheelchair after an amputation, I was eagerly putting one foot in front of the other with the aid of a prosthetic device. It was odd because, in that short time, I had forgotten some of the finer points of walking. I would watch other people to see what I was or wasn’t doing right, as nothing felt natural. This unnaturalness can also be observed in people who know something is missing in their lives, but aren’t sure what it is. When we meet someone who shines forth with goodness, has a spark in their eyes, a feel-good energy emanating from their being, we naturally want to emulate that person. As I walk through this day, I shall do so in gratitude, thankful to recognize that “certain something” when I see it — and follow it!

“As the crude footprints of the past disappear from the dissolving paths of the present, we shall better understand the Science which governs these changes, and shall plant our feet on firmer ground.”

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 224:4-7


“Therefore give thanks, but in sincerity. And let your gratitude make room for all who will escape with you; the sick, the weak, the needy and afraid, and those who mourn a seeming loss or feel apparent pain, who suffer cold or hunger, or who walk the way of hatred and the path of death. All these go with you. Let us not compare ourselves with them, for thus we split them off from our awareness of the unity we share with them, as they must share with us.”

A Course in Miracles W-195.5:1-4


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Surrounded By Love

Photo credit: Aaron Springston Do you recall a time when you felt swaddled in Love? Perhaps it was immediately following the birth of a chil...