Saturday, August 17, 2024

The Truth About Myself


Photo courtesy of Randal Thompson

A number of acquaintances seem to be incapable of making a decision. It seems as though they are reluctant to express an opinion until they hear someone else say it out loud. It’s as though they need confirmation that their beliefs about a situation are worthy, and so they wait for someone else to say that they think that way, too. This need for validation is not a rare condition. I believe I may have suffered from it at points in my life. Our study and practice of divine metaphysics leads us past the temptation to feel so self-important that we're afraid to be wrong. While it's usually thought of as low self-esteem which causes indecision, it seems to me that it's valuing your own forever-believed image of yourself over your true image as the likeness of God. Releasing many long-practiced ways of life facilitates our recognition of this, and with this peaceful understanding, we are freed. This spiritual sense allows us to speak without fear. I love listening to divine Mind rather than chasing in circles with mortal mind! It's more interesting, it frees me from worry and doubt, it leads me in fascinating paths, and it brings me peace. 


"Human belief has sought out many inventions, but not one of them can solve the problem of being without  the divine Principle of divine Science. Deductions from material hypotheses are not scientific. They differ from real Science because they are not based on the divine law."

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 273:4-9


“What can I seek for, Father, but Your Love? Perhaps I think I seek for something else; a something I have called by many names. Yet is Your Love the only thing I seek, or ever sought. For there is nothing else that I could ever really want to find. Let me remember You. What else could I desire but the truth about myself?” 

A Course in Miracles W-231.1:1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Surrounded By Love

Photo credit: Aaron Springston Do you recall a time when you felt swaddled in Love? Perhaps it was immediately following the birth of a chil...