Friday, August 9, 2024

Accoutrements to Life



I’ve been thinking about the way we define ourselves by our jobs, our talents, our looks, our cars, our children — well, the list goes on, doesn’t it? When I closed my beloved art gallery, many people warned me about the huge adjustment I would face, not going there every day, not having it as the center of my existence. But it wasn’t! I think that’s because it never defined me. I never thought of myself as being what I was doing. It’s easy to think of one’s self as being a mother, or a mechanic, or any number of things which we do on a daily basis. And there is nothing wrong with that; nothing at all! But I’m very grateful that all the hats I’ve worn in this life are just that: accouterments to Life!

"God is divine Life, and Life is no more confined to the forms which reflect it than substance is in its shadow.”

Mary Baker Eddy- Science & Health Page 331:1-3


“I was mistaken when I thought I lived apart from God, a separate entity that moved in isolation, unattached, and housed within a body. Now I know my life is God’s, I have no other home, and I do not exist apart from Him. He has no Thoughts that are not part of me, and I have none but those which are of Him.”

A Course in Miracles W-223.1:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

One Primal Cause

Is reality what we are told by the daily news? We know there are conflicting reports of current events, and it can be difficult to discern ...