Thursday, August 22, 2024

I Rule My Mind

Photo courtesy of Aaron Springston


After watching the wild movie, “Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness”, I’ve been thinking about alternative universes — ones which are similar, yet entirely different from each other. This movie also brought into focus the powerful forces which are unseen in our world. In these Marvel movies, forces are harnessed for evil and for good, with good eventually winning — but oftentimes not before extreme havoc is wreaked. Today we watch in amazement as seemingly evil forces attempt to take control of our world. I have always believed Love is a force more powerful than any form of hatred, and I still see this as true. After watching a short video by Eckhart Tolle with the subject, “Beware of Mental Viruses”, I suddenly saw exactly how susceptible we humans are. If we replay something over and over in our thoughts, it becomes part of who we are. It becomes our reality. With this in mind, all of you who know in your heart that Love is an actual force, I’m asking you to be active in becoming a transparency for that all-powerful energy. Any time thought is pulled into a hopeless state, replace it with a translation of the situation, affirming the spiritual truth of it. We’ve been practicing all our lives, and we are ready for this!


“Love is not something put upon a shelf, to be taken down on rare occasions with sugar-tongs and laid on a rose-leaf. I make strong demands on love, call for active witnesses to prove it, and noble sacrifices and grand achievements as its result.”

Mary Baker Eddy - Miscellaneous Writings Page 250:16-18


“I have a kingdom I must rule. At times, it does not seem I am its king at all. It seems to triumph over me, and tell me what to think, and what to do and feel. And yet it has been given me to serve whatever purpose I perceive in it. My mind can only serve. Today I give its service to the Holy Spirit to employ as He sees fit. I thus direct my mind, which I alone can rule. And thus I set it free to do the Will of God.

“Father, my mind is open to Your Thoughts, and closed today to every thought but Yours. I rule my mind, and offer it to You. Accept my gift, for it is Yours to me.”

A Course in Miracles W-236.1:1–2:3A

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Surrounded By Love

Photo credit: Aaron Springston Do you recall a time when you felt swaddled in Love? Perhaps it was immediately following the birth of a chil...