Friday, August 2, 2024

It Can Be But You Whom You Crucify

Photo courtesy of Blake Lasater

Years ago, I jokingly told someone that my neighbor was so upset with me that I feared he might tie himself to a cross in my yard and set it on fire. In today’s review we are told that, “…you will realize that to attack another is but to attack yourself. You will be free of the insane belief that to attack a brother saves yourself. And you will understand his safety is your own, and in his healing you are healed.” Thinking about these past events, I wonder if I am attacking my neighbor and myself by not forgiving. And how do I know I haven’t forgiven these things? Because I remember them.

“When we realize that there is one Mind, the divine law of loving our neighbor as ourselves is unfolded; whereas a belief in many ruling minds hinders man’s normal drift towards the one Mind, one God, and leads human thought into opposite channel where selfishness reigns.” 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 205:22-27


“Salvation’s song can certainly be heard in the idea we practice for today. If it can but be you you crucify, you did not hurt the world, and need not fear its vengeance and pursuit. Nor need you hide in terror from the deadly fear of God projection hides behind. The thing you dread the most is your salvation. You are strong, and it is strength you want. And you are free, and glad of freedom. You have sought to be both weak and bound, because you feared your strength and freedom. Yet salvation lies in them.”

A Course in Miracles W-196.9:1-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Surrounded By Love

Photo credit: Aaron Springston Do you recall a time when you felt swaddled in Love? Perhaps it was immediately following the birth of a chil...