Tribes and Oneness

photo credit: Aaron Springston
Today my thoughts have repeatedly turned to tribes and the cocoon in which I feel wrapped, here in Eureka Springs. There are any number of groups of people I feel a deep kinship toward, but (as in high school) there is no limiting identity with any one. I remember when my boys and I moved here almost 25 years ago. It was to attend the Clear Spring School. One of the mothers told me this school was a way of life, and I soon found out what she meant. We worked together to raise money to keep the school viable, and leaned on each other for child care and support in every avenue of life. This was a total-immersion situation unlike any other I’ve encountered. In the past, I have loved our metaphysical group and my Eureka Thyme family; now I feel a deep kinship with the two churches where I play keyboards and the choirs I accompany, along with the duplicate bridge community, our Course in Miracles group, and my book club. Every day our lives expand to include others we meet. And this practice of non-duality we study opens us to the universal family fluttering just out of sight! Life is Good! 



"Selfishness tips the beam of human existence towards the side of error, not towards Truth. Denial of the oneness of Mind throws our weight into the scale, not of Spirit, God, good, but of matter." Mary Baker Eddy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...