Channeled Writing

 

photo credit: Aaron Springston

Channeled writings: What do you think? The first time this term was explained to me, I thought: well, of course! The concept was something I understood, having always known the writings of Mary Baker Eddy. Of course, she called her ideas “divinely inspired”. She also said she had to study her book because she did not write it. Talk like this caused Mark Twain to devote an entire tome to the cause of trying to prove she did not write Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures. When God is defined as she saw It — Mind, Spirit, Soul, Principle, Life, Truth, Love — it is obvious that all ideas are from this Source. When we talk about someone being “in the zone”, or “getting out of their own way”, we mean that materiality is taken away from the equation, allowing Spirit to shine through. So when I hear that someone is channeling a particular person to birth an idea, it makes me squirm in a non-specific way. I suppose it goes back to this passage we call death. I don’t think there is a place with our husbands and dogs waiting for us to join them. So how could it be that a particular person is sending messages to the material plane? Perhaps it’s a matter of terminology, as ethereal concepts so often are. Maybe people are thinking of Jesus and The Christ as being one and the same, and I do not. I have said numerous times that we must not allow semantics to get in the way of Truth. Truth is found in many places, in many forms. My prayer for today is for me to not judge the letter, but imbibe the Spirit. Namaste...


“Spirit, God, gathers unformed thoughts into their proper channels, and unfolds these thoughts, even as He opens the petals of a holy purpose in order that the purpose may appear.” Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 506:18

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...