Earth's Preparatory School

 

photo credit: Aaron Springston

When sheltering in place became our way of life last March, I felt ready for it because I’d been practicing living that way for quite some time. I happily pulled back into my shell, cozily enjoying the daily life we had made for ourselves on a dead-end street, in the woods of a cool little mountain town. It felt safe and warm and happy. With a smart, witty man in the house, along with the comfort of having a son downstairs — well, I felt like the old song which referenced “two cats in the yard”. And I still feel that way, even though my sparring partner has left this plane of existence. When I got the death certificate today, I had mixed emotions. First I was sad when reading it; then a bit perturbed. They had listed him as married and me as Marsha Wright, surviving. Good grief! But seeing this document brought up many different thoughts and emotions which I hadn’t considered. I won’t go into detail, as I’m sure you either know or can imagine. Then suddenly I realized I was ready for this: I have been practicing all my life for whatever the moment may bring! Laughter really is the best healer, don’t you think? Cheers to you, Kevin, who always loved a good happy accident...


"Earth's preparatory school must be improved to the utmost. In reality man never dies. The belief that he dies will not establish his scientific harmony. Death is not the result of Truth but of error, and one error will not correct another." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 486

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...