Comfort and Joy

 


Every Christmas season, I put cards from friends on the inside of my front door. This year, I had not taken them down until yesterday, when I replaced them with cards of support from friends following Kevin’s death. I love looking at them as much as I did the holiday cards -- probably more, as opening one now and again brings a smile and a certain connection with the person whose handwriting presents itself. I had started contacting people by snail mail earlier in the year, and I vow to continue into the future! It’s truly a unifying activity, don’t you think? 


"PSALM XXIII [Divine love] is my shepherd; I shall not want. [Love] maketh me to lie down in green pastures: [love] leadeth me beside the still waters. [Love] restoreth my soul [spiritual sense]: [love] leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for [love] is with me; [love’s] rod and [love’s] staff they comfort me.
[Love] prepareth a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: [love] anointeth my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house [the consciousness] of [love] for ever." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 577:4-18

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...