Exponential Thanksgiving

 

photo credit: Datura Böes

Today I express gratitude for the circumstances which caused me to retire from the art sales business in 2015. If I had continued with Eureka Thyme, I would not be playing organ/piano for three congregations in town. If I hadn't accompanied choirs, I would not have discovered there was a local duplicate bridge game. If I had continued running my gallery, I would never have had time to meet Kevin. When we reconnected through Facebook, we spent a year-and-a-half getting to know each other by way of telephone conversations and writing. I am reminded of these things because today I heard an interview with Tony Bennett's wife. He has been dealing with Alzheimer's since 2016.  A number of things were mentioned which we should do to keep our brains active: social interactions, music, and mind games were three which caught my attention. I play bridge -- a lot. Our weekly foursome recently added a conference call during our online game, so it's like being together at a table, but we don't have to go anywhere! While bridge isn't everyone's cup of tea, there are many other stimulating things we can do. We can sing and dance, by ourselves or with our housemates. Reading out loud is second only to playing music, so they say. Kevin enjoyed playing his drum along with youtube videos. It seemed like a party to him! But the point of today's writing is gratitude. I think it's exponential! 


"Gratitude is much more than a verbal expression of thanks. Action expresses more gratitude than speech." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...