One Foot in Front of the Other

 

statues and photography by Dale Johnson

Perhaps it’s because we’ve had a frigidly cold week, with even lower temperatures to come in the next few days. Maybe it’s because we haven’t had much sunshine during these introspective days. Could be because Kevin’s been gone four weeks, it’s Valentine’s Day, and we’re having his Zoom memorial. Whatever the reason, I’m depressed. Today we had a recording session for one church and an actual service at another, and I thought about lying and saying I was sick and couldn’t do it. But I’m glad I didn’t. Sharon sang an incredibly beautiful solo and I played better than usual, and the sun even shone for a few minutes! So I’m happy I got out of the house. I’m not telling you this to cause worry or ask for help; it’s just the way it is today. I’m writing this with Tina Turner singing the Lotus Sutra in the background. Sanskrit chants will lull me to sleep tonight and I’ll wake up with 528 hertz frequencies to facilitate healing. I can’t keep from thinking this ennui is good for me; it will help me develop empathy, which Kevin often said I needed to do. Whatever the case, I know it won’t leave me where it found me. Much Love sent to all this day...


“Willingness to become as a little child and to leave the old for the new, renders thought receptive of the advanced idea. Gladness to leave the false landmarks and joy to see them disappear, — this disposition helps to precipitate the ultimate harmony. The purification of sense and self is a proof of progress.” Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 323

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...