Intuition or Paranoia?

 

Butterfly Pavilion Broomfield, Co
Photo credit: Aaron Springston 

The past few days have been introspective for me. I’m pondering how to know if what I’m interpreting as an intuitive feeling is indeed that, or if it’s paranoia on my part. Usually these questions bring either peace or an uneasiness, and in that way I know if it’s a divine thought or human angst coming to my attention. But for the past two days, I’ve had no idea. Perhaps all the unrest within me comes from the unrest running through so many at this time. So I’ve taken a few days to disconnect with things, making more time to study and pray. Meditation connects us with true feelings more than “hecatombs of gushing theories”, as Mary Baker Eddy says. I used to question many things pertaining to knowledge or belief. For instance, if I think something is going to happen, and it does, I used to wonder if I was prescient or if I was creating my own reality by thinking it into existence. Ha! I’ve realized those are dead-end thought processes and have learned not to go there. But this nagging feeling that something is amiss in a situation keeps coming back to me. Perhaps one more day of hands in garden soil and eyes on fireflies will bring the peace I know is mine for the accepting. Namaste …


“Angels are pure thoughts from God, winged with Truth and Love, no matter what their individualism may be.” 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 298:28-30


“Watch with me, angels, watch with me today. Let all God’s holy Thoughts surround me, and be still with me while Heaven’s Son is born. Let earthly sounds be quiet, and the sights to which I am accustomed disappear. Let Christ be welcomed where He is at home. And let Him hear the sounds He understands, and see but sights that show His Father’s Love. Let Him no longer be a stranger here, for He is born again in me today.” 

A Course in Miracles W-303.1:1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...