Saving Grace

 

Photo credit: Aaron Springston

My latest binge-watching series is called “Bull”. It’s about a psychologist who works with attorneys to select juries. Of course, during these trials he ends up discovering the truth and the innocent are always found to be so.  It’s wonderful to hear stories of people being rescued who have fallen through the wide cracks of our legal system. One of my dear friends is in danger of being convicted in what appears to be a victimless crime. Although I don’t know the details (and probably don’t want to know), this man is a fine human being who is trying against all odds to straighten his life out and be an asset to our community. I’ve known him for decades and want to do anything possible to help him. And I feel like I have. Will there be anything to be done tomorrow or the next day? I don’t know. But what I can do every moment he comes into my thought is to see him as a reflection of the divine Mind which created him. Knowing that he is seeing past the impediments which seem to be in his way, listening for the guiding thoughts of Love, he’ll make it through this. On my new favorite show, technology and great employees help “Bull” to see his way to saving clients. Listening for the guidance of the Universe will see my friend home. Namaste ….             


“We cannot fathom the nature and quality of God’s creation by diving into the shallows of mortal belief. We must reverse our feeble flutterings — our efforts to find life and truth in matter — and rise above the testimony of the material senses, above the mortal to the immortal idea of God. These clearer, higher views inspire the God like man to reach the absolute centre and circumference of his being.” 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 262:9-16


“Without love is justice prejudiced and weak. And love without justice is impossible. For love is fair, and cannot chasten without cause. What cause can be to warrant an attack upon the innocent? In justice, then, does love correct mistakes, but not in vengeance. For that would be unjust to innocence.” 

A Course in Miracles T-25.VIII.11:7-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...