You May Be Right About That

Photo credit: Blake Lasater

I got a phone call today from a rather fatalistic friend on the west coast. He was lamenting the state of the world and predicting this was the end of humanity. As I listened to him, my thoughts went back to a video from David Hoffmeister, a teacher of A Course in Miracles, wherein he asks us, “Do I want the problem or do I want the answer?” My friend wasn’t looking for answers, he simply wanted someone to agree with him. Another thing Mr. Hoffmeister advised in his video was that many people are not ready to hear truth and it’s necessary to meet them where they are. Following his advice, I said something I often say when I disagree with someone: “You may be right about that.” I listened for a while as he presented more horrific scenarios, then ended our conversation by saying the best thing we can do is to be overflowing with joy; to be grateful for every little thing and to express it though happiness. He said, “You may be right about that.” Ha!


“Little child of God, you do not understand your Father. You believe in a world that takes, because you believe that you can get by taking. And by that perception you have lost sight of the real world. You are afraid of the world as you see it, but the real world is still yours for the asking. Do not deny it to yourself, for it can only free you. Nothing of God will enslave His Son whom He created free and whose freedom is protected by His Being. Blessed are you who are willing to ask the truth of God without fear, for only thus can you learn that His answer is the release from fear.” 

A Course in Miracles T-11.VIII.7:1-7


“Imperfect mortals grasp the ultimate of spiritual perfection slowly; but to begin aright and to continue the strife of demonstrating the great problem of being, is doing much.” Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 254:12-15

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...