Right-Mindedness


 
During the years I worked with the public, I learned to say "you may be right about that" when someone said something with which I disagreed. It's a good way to say absolutely nothing, yet somehow not agree. But now there are too many injustices being perpetuated all around us to be silent. When I hear someone say that healthcare is not a right, it's a privilege, I must say that it is a privilege for the privileged at this point in time, and that is not right. When someone tells me they've worked hard for what they have and if someone can't take care of themselves then they haven't worked hard enough, I wonder what sect they come from, because the man for whom Christianity was named did not teach this. When someone tells me a woman's body is everybody's business and we should dictate its purpose, I can't even fathom where that idea originated. People who think oil is more important than the natural state of things, when they find fault with the power of the sun and wind and water, I wonder what corporation they are bowing down to. When I am told we can't feed the world by organic means and we must use pesticides and genetically modify our foods, I know the brainwashing which got them to this way of thinking -- because I've seen it develop in my lifetime. I could go on and on, as I'm sure you could, too. But the bottom line is I will no longer be saying, "you may be right about that", when I know darn well they are not. 


"Think of this, dear reader, for it will lift the sackcloth from your eyes, and you will behold the soft-winged dove descending upon you. The very circumstance, which your suffering sense deems wrathful and afflictive, Love can make an angel entertained unawares." 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 574:25


“I have already said that miracles are expressions of miracle-mindedness, and miracle-mindedness means right-mindedness. The right-minded neither exalt nor depreciate the mind of the miracle worker or the miracle receiver. However, as a correction, the miracle need not await the right-mindedness of the receiver. In fact, its purpose is to restore him to his right mind. It is essential, however, that the miracle worker be in his right mind, however briefly, or he will be unable to re-establish right-mindedness in someone else.” 

A Course in Miracles T-2.V.3:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...