With Apologies …


Photo courtesy of Blake Lasater

It is difficult to express what I’m trying to say in a short paragraph, and sometimes I fail miserably. It seems as though yesterday was one of those times, as this morning I had a response from someone who interpreted my words to mean I want people to ignore the plight of our planet and just be happy. I have apologized to him, and I apologize to you.  My goal had been to address the question of, “Do you want the problem or the answer?” The reason I suggested my fatalistic friend be happy and grateful for every little thing is because he is so miserable. It’s not necessarily climate change he’s given up on, but people as a whole.  He laments life and seems to have no desire to be proactive. And so I suggested he do something to free his mind, hoping that would free up space for something to  get in there other than his circular thinking on problems. A friend and educator once had a poster on her wall which told us she only wanted to hear about the problem as an identifier; after that, look for solutions. I love that. Namaste 

“We should examine ourselves and learn what is the affection and purpose of the heart, for in this way only can we learn what we honestly are. If a friend informs us of a fault, do we listen patiently to the rebuke and credit what is said? Do we not rather give thanks that we are ‘not as other men’? During many years the author has been most grateful for merited rebuke. The wrong lies in unmerited censure, — in the falsehood which does no one any good.” 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 8:28-4


“By recognizing spirit, miracles adjust the levels of perception and show them in proper alignment. This places spirit at the center, where it can communicate directly.” 

A Course in Miracles T-1.I.30:1-2



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...