Life is a Meditation


How do you integrate your spiritual practice into daily life? This is a question someone asked me which brought a smile. Since I don’t have any rituals which would be defined as “spiritual practice”, I suppose they are asking about the moments I pause to commune with the Universe — times when waiting in line at the grocery, or sitting at the bridge table after having decided what to bid on a hand and waiting to do so, or clearing my mind to see a word appear in the Words With Friends board. Hum, I guess life IS a spiritual practice, don’t you think? When I find myself turning a situation around and ‘round in thought, or when I replay possible scenarios of how things may transpire, that’s the time for a mental reminder to just stop it! Spiritual practice, for me, can be defined as getting out of my own way and listening for the inner voice which could be called intuition, or God. While some may think going to church once a week constitutes a spiritual practice, most folks I know have a moment-to-moment awareness which is guided by Love. How do you know if you’re life is directed by Spirit or ego? If you’re at peace, it’s God; if you’re upset and unhappy, it’s ego!




Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Lips must be mute and materialism silent, that man may have audience with Spirit, the divine Principle, Love, which destroys all error.”
Science & Health Page 15:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...