Not Arguing is Not Agreement

photo credit: Aaron Springston
I used to have a seeming need to speak my mind. Some might say I still do! It didn’t matter if it was a holiday dinner or family function where everyone was supposed to be having a good time, if I disagreed with someone, I was sure to let them know exactly why! At some point in the last twenty or so years, I’ve lost that desire. If I disagree with someone nowadays, I’ll perhaps say something like, “You may be right about that”, and smile and wander away. Or I maya ask them questions about why they have such an opinion. Rarely do I feel the need to argue a point. One of my favorite sayings is, “If you have a choice of being right or being kind, be kind.” Not having a desire to defend myself or others is my goal in this life's ministry. And there are always lots of opportunities to put it into practice!!



“Teach your student that he must know himself before he can know others and minister to human needs. Honesty is spiritual power.” Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 453:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...